Have you already drawn-up your annual action plan? (Altius)
Publication date: 18/10/2018
As you will know, each employer must have a global prevention plan, i.e. a 5-year plan that includes the results of the company’s risk analysis and the prevention measures to be developed. Each year, this global prevention plan must be worked-out by an annual action plan to promote well-being at work in the following year of service.
The draft annual action plan must be submitted to the employees or their representatives for an opinion by no later than the first day of the 2nd month preceding the beginning of the year of service to which it relates. For most employers (i.e. those whose financial year corresponds to the calendar year), the deadline for the introduction of the draft plan is therefore 1 November 2018.
What do you need to do before 1st November 2018 (only if your financial year corresponds to the calendar year)?
1. Prepare the annual action plan, by determining:
- the priority objectives within the framework of the prevention policy for the following year;
- the means and methods for achieving these objectives;
- the missions, obligations and resources of all the persons concerned;
- the adaptations to be made to the global prevention plan in the case/light of:
- a change of circumstances;
- accidents and incidents occurring in the company;
- the annual report of the Internal Service for Prevention and Protection at Work for the previous calendar year;
- the Health & Safety Committee’s opinions given during the previous calendar year.
2. Consult with the line managers and the External Service for Prevention and Protection at Work over the draft action plan and possibly adapt the draft after having received their feedback.
3. Submit the plan to the Health & Safety Committee or, in its absence, the Trade Union Delegation or, in its absence, the employees directly for its/their opinion.
The annual action plan cannot be implemented until the Health & Safety Committee/Trade Union Delegation/employees has(ve) given its (their) opinion, or in that absence, until the beginning of the year of service to which the annual action plan relates.
Please do not hesitate to our Employment team if you would like more information.