Senior Legal Counsel M&A
Fluxys is an international energy infrastructure group with 1,300 employees active in gas transmission & storage and liquefied natural gas terminalling.
As a purpose-led company, we’re committed to fast-track the shift to a carbon neutral world. We explore new technologies and invest in infrastructure to accommodate hydrogen, biomethane, CO2 and other molecules for a climate neutral future.
For our Legal Department at our headquarters in Brussels (near the train station and subway, see the map here) we’re looking for a Senior Legal Counsel M&A (m/f/x).
Fluxys puts energy in motion. Would you like to work with us to guide our energy networks towards a carbon-neutral future?
Would you like to further develop your legal career within a growing international group and be part of ambitious and stimulating projects that will play a crucial role in the Belgian and international energy landscape?
This is a challenging role with high exposure and the opportunity to contribute to the energy transition and Fluxys’ growth strategy.
As part of the transaction team you will manage all the legal aspects of international acquisitions and business development projects in order to ensure the expansion and development of Fluxys’ activities, more specifically in the project linked to the energy transition outside Belgium.
- As a key contributor to our projects, you will manage legal support in our wide variety of M&A and BD projects and advise on a broad range of matters in a highly international context
- You will be responsible for legal matters at project level: contractual documentation (term sheets, transactions, etc.), legal workflows, appointment and management of external advisors, assessment of regulatory constraints, etc.
- In coordination with the Business Development teams, you will lead the editorial team and take part in the negotiation of contracts with the company’s partners, ensuring a high level of quality in the best interest of Fluxys and in accordance with Fluxys’ objectives
- You will actively take part throughout the entire life of a project, from development to implementation, i.e. process setup, due diligence, project structuring, project risk assessment and risk mitigation, and implementation of contracts
- You will take part in non-legal workflows to take into account commercial, financial and strategic considerations
- You will also assist in preparing relevant internal documents and presentations for the Group’s corporate bodies, management and/or board(s)
- You will retain and structure legal know-how and process know-how collected throughout development and M&A activities in order to improve the future organisation of processes and projects. You will follow best practices and ensure consistency with previous practices
- You will proactively monitor the relevant legislation, inform management and submit proposals for implementation
- You will build relationships with your internal and external stakeholders
- Occasional business travel may be required
As a purpose driven company, we foster agility and open-mindedness. Are you curious and astute? Do you approach your projects in an innovative way? Then we’re keen to meet you!
- You have a master’s degree in law with in-depth knowledge of corporate law
- You have at least 10 years of experience in business development, more specifically in the energy sector or an equivalent sector
- You have experience in standardised merger and acquisition processes as well as experience in project and contract management
- You thrive in a rapid decision-making environment with negotiation challenges
- You are very flexible and can think outside the box
- You are results-oriented and can solve problems and manage different subjects at the same time
- You speak fluent English, French and Dutch
Why should you apply?
- Contribute and innovate towards a carbon-neutral world.
- Develop and shape a brilliant career in a fast-growing international group.
- Showcase your strong appetite to contribute towards an array of dynamic projects that challenge your intellect.
Apart from that, we offer some interesting general conditions.