For our dynamic Legal team, we are looking for a motivated and driven Junior Legal Counsel who counsels the operational business of our Siemens Smart Infrastructure business.
Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries to evolve and improve the way we live and work and to reduce our carbon footprint. We do this on a large and small scale: through connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services, as well as products, components, and systems. From smart grid control, building automation and management systems, to fire protection and security solutions.What will you be doing?Your main focus will be on handling contracts and project execution. You will collaborate with a great variety of stakeholders (both internally and externally) to draft and negotiate these contracts.
This consists of:
- Contributing to the business goals of Siemens NV by counselling as a trusted advisor for all legal matters of the operational business (national and international)
- Drafting, analyzing, and negotiating contracts of the operational business for private and public customers
- Answering daily legal questions or digging into specific legal issues, a new law or judgment
- Supporting the execution of projects by contributing with legal know-how
- Serving as a business partner for the claim and opportunity management
- Managing legal proceedings and external counsels
- Contributing to the internal knowledge pooling by closely cooperating with legal colleagues all over the world
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- Fully educated Belgian lawyer with an excellent academic background.
- Preferably completion of traineeship as a qualified lawyer with experience at a well-respected law firm or comparable experience of 1-3 years in the in-house legal department of an international company.
- Knowledge in public tender law would be desirable.
- Fluency in Dutch, good French, and English (both oral and written) is mandatory.
- You describe yourself as a curious, openminded colleague who dares to ask tough questions.
- Motivated, proactive, pragmatic, hands-on and positive person: you like to collaborate with international colleagues and bring a certain cultural sensitivity.
What will Siemens offer you?
At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. Here you can explore a wide range of functions. Moreover, we invest in your training to build a good career. You can count on permanent coaching and guidance by a mentor.This function is eligible for the Teleworking CAO policy, allowing employees to be working remotely on a part time basis.
At Siemens, we focus on work-life balance through open communication in the workplace where we consider each employee’s individual needs and values to the greatest possible extent. We try to provide flexible work settings to offer our employees the opportunity to balance work and private life.
At Siemens, we work with and for each other.Are you someone who strives for responsibility, continuous innovation and excellence? Would you like to actively contribute to the world of tomorrow at a leading international technology player? Then apply now. See you soon!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds