Legal and Compliance Counsel
- Advise, draft, negotiate and more broadly support all legal aspects of the company, including:
- Commercial matters (NDAs, distribution and supply agreements, standard T&Cs, etc)
- Employment matters (employment contracts, intra-group service provision agreements, settlement agreements etc)
- Maintain and follow up on matters with external legal advisers in different jurisdictions
- Implement and follow up on the compliance system in SCE according to RHQ instructions.
- Follow up on data protection matters (GDPR)
- Legal advice in labor law, contract management and disciplinary procedures
- Personnel administration
- Master’s degree in law
- 5 years’ experience in a legal role in an international business environment or law firm
- Excellent knowledge of commercial law, corporate law
- Sound judgment and ability to analyse situations and information
- Strong affinity and interest in business issues
- Talent to negotiate complex contracts and handle sensitive legal issues in an efficient way
- Ability to work efficiently
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Profound knowledge of English and Flemish, fluency in other languages is a plus
- Open team player, having good communication and conviction skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong internal client and service focus
- Natural ability to work with others
- Multicultural sensitivity, ability to respect, understand and accommodate to the corporate culture.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe wants to strengthen the Legal and Compliance Office In SCE.
This person will provide legal and compliance support to Sumitomo Chemical Europe. The function will be located at the European HQ of Sumitomo Chemical in Machelen, Belgium.