Legal affairs & contract manager
Are you looking for an exciting position in the licensing, audiovisual and entertainment industry? Ready to join a dynamic team in an authentic and ever-expending company established for over 35 years?
IMPS SA (rue du Cerf, 85, 1332 Genval, Belgium) is the worldwide licensor of the SMURFS and the exclusive entity responsible for the exploitation of PEYO’s creations, characters and brands. This activity includes a dynamic full licensing program with a hub of complementary activities in the field of Merchandising and Promotions, Book Publishing, Broadcasting and other Audiovisual rights, Music, Exhibitions and Events.
IMPS is a family owned company, created and presided by Peyo’s daughter, Véronique Culliford and we open a position for a new legal collaborator for immediate effective start date.
As a member of the legal team you will be in charge of managing IMPS’ license and publishing agreements, assist in the handling the trademarks portfolio and in the defense in the anti-counterfeiting program and responsible for the drafting of a diversity of agreements setting forth the guidelines related to the use of the intellectual properties (mainly SMURFS) belonging to IMPS.
You will work under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Legal Department & Business Affairs, and your communication skills and open-mindedness will permit you to collaborate with your colleagues from the commercial, marketing and audiovisual departments, in a pragmatic work environment.
Your enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility shall contribute to maintain profitable relationships with existing and new clients and to reach our common business objectives.
- Draft and review contracts of all type.
- Establish and run templates and legal processes
- Closely observe and report the latest changes in the regulations and decisions related to IMPS’ activities
- Assist in the management of IMPS’ IP portfolio (trademarks, copyright, domain names)
- Take part in the anti-counterfeiting program to protect IMPS’ interests
- Follow the evolution of the regulations, case laws, trends in the field of IMPS’ activities
- Create PPT presentations to familiarize your colleagues with the impact of the regulations impacting their activities
- You hold a Master’s Degree in Law, a specialization in intellectual property law would be an asset.
- You have keen interest in the IP, licensing, publishing and attractions sector.
- Proven work experience as an in-house legal counsel or at the Bar is a plus.
- Strong (verbal and written) communication.
- Good time-management skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Client and solution oriented.
- French or Dutch native speaker with high working proficiency in English.
- You are a result driven team player.
- You have a crush for the entertainment industry and especially for Smurfs.
What we offer:
- A pleasant working environment;
- Collaboration to the 360° exploitation of a unique and international renowned property;
- The chance to collaborate with the biggest leaders worldwide in the kids licensing business;
- A young, dynamic, Smurf dedicated and welcoming team;
Location: Genval (Brussels’ region), walking distance to the railway station.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Head of Legal & Business Affairs