Junior Legal Officer
About our client
Brico is a reputed Belgian company represented internationally and specialised in DIY goods and furniture retail. This company is well established and has been a key player in its market for the last 50 years. Brico has a network of 143 shops, including 98 franchisees. To reinforce their legal department, Brico is currently looking for a strong Junior Legal Officer who will focus on supporting their complex contract management processes.
As a part of Belgian Legal team of Brico you will be responsible for contract management and for relationships maintaining with franchisees and real estate related counterparties. Among other responsibilities you will:
- Ensure the proper execution of contracts, mainly real estate and franchise related contracts;
- Assist in drafting of new contracts and renew the existing contracts, draft legal notices and follow up on them;
- Maintain relations with and provide legal advice to (prospect) franchisees and real estate counterparties;
- Perform legal research and counterparty due diligence and work in CMS.
- You obtained Belgian Master’s degree in law;
- You have from 1 to 4 years of experience;
- Experience in Contract, Real estate or Franchise law is an advantage;
- You are fluent in French and Dutch. Fluency in English is a plus;
- You are punctual and logical, with an eye for detail;
- You have great commercial and communication skills;
- You are eager to learn and broad your expertise.
What’s in it for you
As a member of Brico’s legal department, you will become a part of a young and dynamic team working on challenging cases in warm atmosphere at Brico’s new headquarters in Brussels. You will have ample opportunities for career growth and broadening your responsibilities. Two experienced and highly qualified in the sector mentors will assist and guide you in your professional and personal development. Besides that, you will benefit from an attractive remuneration package accompanied by corporate discounts.