HR Legal & Modern Employer Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your HR knowledge and experience to help GSK to be an employer of choice ? If so, this is the role for you.
The HR Legal & Modern Employer Manager supports the delivery of the Trust pillar (employee engagement and corporate reputation) and the culture aspect of GSK IPTc Strategy.
He/She/It will dedicate approximately 40% of his/her/its time to HR Legal, Risk & Compliance aspects and 60% on Modern employer initiatives for the 4 entities of the group based in Belgium: Vaccines, Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and ViiV.
HR Legal, Risk & Compliance’s purpose:
- The HR Legal & Modern Employer Manager will ensure compliance of HR decisions and projects with local employment law, CLAs and GSK policies, support, advice and deliver solutions to the business to deliver their operational strategy for all HR Legal related matters.
Modern Employer’s purpose:
- He/She/It will ensure GSK Modern Employer ambition is realized locally.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
HR Legal, Risk & Compliance aspects:
- Provide HR legal support to: 1) different teams in HR such as Industrial Relations, C&B, recruitment & mobility (employment contracts and mobility issues), Employee Relation (termination of employment contract, disciplinary issues), Personal Administration (time, payroll and administration), HR effectiveness, HR Business Partners 2) business managers
- Follow and analyze the social actuality and implement the employment legislation into concrete HR policies, processes and forms
- Lead or be the HR Legal representative for the implementation of local HR projects or Business initiatives
- Support the local implementation of Global Compliance projects
- Support HR local risk management & activities including audits, mitigation plans, QA Toolkit & privacy.
- Be the person of reference for the HR Legal documentation
Modern Employer aspects
- In alignment with GSK strategy, the HR Legal & Modern Employer Manager will define the Modern Employer Agenda, ensure its endorsement, its communication and support its effective deployment at country level.
- He/She/It will lead or contribute to some Modern Employer initiatives.
- He/she/It will chair the Belgium I&D Steerco and support related actions such as the organization of the “Be You week”
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master’s degree in social and/or labor laws
- Previous experience as Employment lawyer, Legal HR or Compliance HR
- Good communication skills
- Internal customer oriented
- Project management skills
- Fluent in French and English
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- HR operation experience and project management skills
- Experience in policy development and implementation
- Proven ability to effectively use interpersonal skills and influencing techniques with leaders at all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities and make recommendations for solutions
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK Vaccines – Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 170 countries. For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Operating as a true business partner with the wider organisation, the HR department’s remit ranges from talent acquisition and people development to compensation, benefits, and global organisational development. Our goal is to keep building a strong, established relationship with management and employees.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.