Data Protection Officer
About our client
As a family-owned IT solutions provider founded on craftsmanship, Cegeka works in close cooperation with customers since more than 30 years.
Their ambition is to become the leading European orchestrator of digital business platforms and ecosystems in their focus markets.
As part of its sustained growth, Cegeka is looking for a Data Protection Officer to join its Legal Team in Leuven and Hasselt.
- You maintain the privacy governance framework including developing templates for data collection, assisting with data mapping and vendor management reviews
- You set standards and review policies and procedures that meet the requirements under the data protection regulations
- You coordinate different Cegeka activities according to the priorities and competences of each to ensure that Cegeka’s data protection objectives are achieved
- You work with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects to ensure compliance with data protection regulations, and where necessary, complete and advise on DPIAs
- You coordinate and conduct data privacy audits together with Internal Audit
- You develop strategies and initiatives to ensure engagement with key internal and external stakeholders
- You collaborate with Security Office to raise employee awareness of data privacy and security issues, and provide training on the subject matter
- You collaborate with Security Office to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintaining a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications, and responding to data subject access requests (DSRs)
- You act as the single point of contact for queries in the business and serve as the liaison for the Lead Supervisory Authority and other Data Protection Authorities on all data protection related matters under the GDPR.
- You have a Master degree in Law
- You are a qualified lawyer with minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- You have in-depth knowledge of GDPR and other relevant legislation. CIPP/E certification is a plus
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- You have a good understanding of information technology
- You are able to work autonomously but you are also a team player
- You quickly understand the business requirements/concerns
- You are willing to travel upon in Europe upon request (limited).
What’s in for you
- You will be working for a real Top Employer.
- A growth company with a dynamic spirit and many opportunities for advancement that inspires you to great things.
- Thanks to their flexible working hours, you enjoy an optimal work/life balance.
- With their Flex Reward Plan you put together your ideal remuneration package yourself. If that is not great!
- Through their program “CEO of your own career” you are at the wheel of your own career. Determine your own future.
Send your resume to email@example.com