Corporate Legal Counsel
Beschrijving van het bedrijf
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary Six Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools. BESIX has about 12,000 employees active in 25 countries with more than 80 different nationalities. Find more information at: www.BESIX.com
1) MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Participating (drafting relevant corporate documentation) in acquisitions, mergers, divestments, transfers of activities, etc.;
2) CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating pre-bid, joint venture and shareholders agreements in support to ongoing business operations;
- Preparing and taking care of the follow-up of incorporation of companies and registration of branches;
3) GROUP CORPORATE HOUSEKEEPING
- Supervising and/or drafting of company secretarial documents (FR/EN/NL ordinary/special: minutes of boards of directors and shareholders meetings, reports, powers of attorney, management reports, publications, …) for companies registered in the Brussels head offices and in support to about 150 foreign subsidiaries and branches;
- Preparing for the Audit Committee quarterly reviews of realized and ongoing corporate transactions (acquisitions, incorporations, registrations, divestments and liquidations);
- Following mandates (directors, auditors) validity, renewal, dismissal, resignation, appointment;
- Providing documentation and information as a support to ongoing business operations;
4) GROUP CORPORATE LEGAL REPORTING
- Supervising the collection and checking of the legal information and supporting documentation (in regional language) on about 150 subsidiaries and branches updating of web-application (a.o. datasheets);
- Issuing advisory reports to subsidiaries pointing out missing steps towards legal compliance and giving support to realize them;
- You have a Belgian Master in Law degree;
- You have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel, ideally gained in an international context;
- You are fluent in French with a good knowledge of English and/or Dutch (written and oral)
- You are punctual, conscientious and pay attention to inconsistencies;
- You adopt a pragmatic business approach and understand the impact of legal issues on the broader business;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are able to work in a demanding environment;
- You like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge, but you are able to work independently and take on responsibilities;
- You are flexible and capable of working efficiently in an international environment.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it’s about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group