Commercial Legal Counsel
About Terumo Europe
Terumo Europe is a key player in the EMEA healthcare market with a mission to “contribute to society through healthcare”.
You can invest your talents in balance with your personal aspirations – live and work in harmony. Built on their Japanese origins; they are driven by respect, ownership and continuous improvement. It is at the heart of everything they do. This is how they make a difference in the lives of patients, customers and associates.
To enforce its legal team, Terumo Europe is currently looking for a Legal Counsel.
Within the Legal & compliance Team, you act as a team member in the Terumo Legal & Compliance Department with the objective to defend and protect the interests of Terumo and the various businesses.
- Understand, evaluate and timely, clearly, and effectively communicate the legal implications, risks and opportunities associated with commercial transactions, business operations and projects, while at the same time understanding the business requirements and needs of the company.
- Render professional legal advice and support in matters covering a broad spectrum of commercial and related legal subjects, including contracts, transactions, litigation, trade, distribution, fair competition, and business practices, and with a particular focus on ethics and compliance.
- Interact at all levels including General Counsel and Business President level, functional specialists throughout the company, Legal advisers in numerous jurisdictions, suppliers, customers, business partners, competitors, and authorities.
- Draft, review and recommend common company contracts, participate in negotiations, draft and recommend amendments to (EMEA wide) standard contracts for customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Contract administration using CMS.
- Support legal projects such as drafting standard documentation and processes and automated tools.
Regarding Business support, you provide legal services to identified business units (BU’s) and Supporting Functions (eg. HR, Finance, IT, …) as assigned to you.
- Remain informed of and keep substantive oversight of legal issues and risks concerning the assigned BU’s and Functions. The position requires a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Business and the Function.
- Identify legal and related BU/Functional objectives and issues and play a key role in ensuring that appropriate responses and actions are identified, planned and progressed (Legal Services Action Plan).
- Work in the matrix organization and discuss and pro-actively resolve any overlaps or ambiguities and ensure collaboration, open communication and sharing of information with other members in the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Liaise with other functions and legal functional specialists in EMEA, other Terumo companies and globally as necessary on the BU/Function legal matters and also matters concerning Terumo Corporation.
As one of the Legal Experts, you act an internal expert in commercial law and in the areas of expertise assigned to you and be the go-to person in your area of expertise; keep legal knowledge up to date.
With regards to Ethics and Compliance, you support the implementation of compliance policies and the development of a compliance culture and implement and manage specific compliance programs assigned to you.
- Draft and launch clear, concise compliance policies and guidance, training employees and third-party service providers, interpreting complex legislation and providing guidance to senior management on compliance issues relating to specific compliance matters assigned to you by the GC;
- Assist in setting standards for implementation of compliance policies, standards and programs, ensure appropriate training opportunities, and secure and maintain the support and commitment of the BU/Function senior management to these policies and programs.
Send your resume to email@example.com