Belux Legal Counsel
Shell aspires to be a leader in the energy transition.
This includes the development of innovative products and services for existing and new customers. Belgium and Luxemburg are important markets for the energy transition and broad Shell offerings.
Shell is looking for a Belux Legal Counsel Downstream.
Reporting to the Managing Counsel Benefrux, your role will have a flexible character and consist of supporting the Belux businesses. It is envisaged the role will include involvement in regional projects and New Business Development.
In addition to the Mobility, Sectors & Decarbonisation and Lubricants businesses, you will support the Shell manufacturing plants in Ghent and the respective HR team.
In this role, you will:
- Provide expert legal advice to the Downstream businesses in Belux.
- Potentially be involved in regional projects and NBD.
- Work to deliver improvements and efficiencies in ways of working.
- Facilitate sharing of team learnings and experiences, packaging knowledge for collective improvement and linking global aspects with local aspects to get the best business outcomes.
- Embed and provide training sessions for local community on Legal Services Downstream ways of working principles, including a focus on Ethics & Compliance (E&C), HSSE, and Diversity & Inclusiveness.
- Ensure proper management of corporate matters of Shell entities via external service provider.
- Legal representation in the branch organization linked to the local businesses (e.g. Energia – Belgian Petroleum Federation).
- Provide expert legal advice on real estate projects in the Belgian and Luxembourg territory.
Work includes drafting and review of contracts, managing litigation cases, advice on regulatory matters, ad hoc commercial legal advice to all businesses, engaging with business partners etc.
- Fully qualified civil law trained lawyer, with strong commercial with 5 years of relevant experience
- Full working proficiency in Dutch, French and English
- Promotes a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to adapt and prioritise and work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse background
- Ability to address issues creatively and sensitively and to build strong networking relationships across a range of internal and external organizations
- Astute risk and reputational management skills, and requires the ability to deal with, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org