We are looking for a lawyer with 2 to 4 years of experience to join our Tax practice
Our Tax team
Our Tax team advises Belgian and international clients with respect to various tax issues, including advisory work in relation to domestic and cross-border transactions. The tax advisory work encompasses domestic and international tax structuring as well as specific questions in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings or reorganisations, joint-ventures, capital markets, corporate finance, structured finance, private equity, funds, real estate, and employee and executive incentive plans.
Our Tax Team also assists Belgian and international clients in resolving tax disputes and in handling tax investigations. The team advises clients on information requests, tax audits and tax dawn raids, and assists clients with the settlement of tax disputes. The team assists clients in any administrative tax controversy with the tax authorities as well as in tax litigation, including before Belgian and European courts, such as the Supreme Court, the Constitutional Court and European Courts, as well as during arbitration court proceedings.
Besides Belgian and international corporate clients, our Tax team also advises high-net-worth individuals and families on any tax related issue, including the tax structuring of their private estate as well as inheritance planning.
Our Tax team currently consists of 5 lawyers and 1 Personal Assistant, and we are looking to expand the team with an Associate who has 2 to 4 years of experience.
What we offer
- highly interesting, challenging and diversified tax matters;
- an immersion in the multiple facets of tax law;
- a multilingual, open and stimulating work environment;
- an atmosphere where teamwork prevails;
- direct client contact from day one;
- a true commitment to your continued legal education and training;
- an attractive compensation and benefits package; and
- a firm that genuinely values the importance of work-life balance.
What we expect
We are looking for a bright associate who:
- has a fluent command of Dutch, with a good knowledge of French and English;
- has obtained excellent results at a Belgian university, additional education in tax law and/or a study or experience in an Anglo-Saxon jurisdiction is considered a plus;
- has 2 to 4 years of experience in tax law;
- has strong analytical skills, editorial fluency and impeccable spelling;
- is eager to learn;
- has a client-oriented, practical and commercial mind-set;
- has excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- is enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated;
- is a team-player who is able to work independently; and
- is a nice person to work with.
Are you the one we are looking for?
Click on the “apply” button and launch your professional career at Liedekerke!
Applying to Liedekerke can be done in your native language.
Please include the following documents:
- your resume;
- a letter of motivation; and
- the transcript of your Bachelor’s degree(s) and any Master’s degree(s) or additional qualifications.