Associate International Trade and Investment
We are looking for an Associate with a minimum of 4 years’ experience to join our international Trade and investment group. This is a full-time role, based in our Brussels office. As an Associate in the international Trade team, you will assist in the preparation of legal advice on a wide range of EU and international trade matters including economic sanctions and export control, trade policy and customs. You will practice as part of one of the world’s largest trade practices, awarded as ”International Trade Law Firm of the Year” by Chambers Global and ranked Tier 1 for International Trade by Chambers USA and highly ranked in the top tier by Chambers Europe and Legal 500.
Hogan Lovells is one of the world’s leading legal practices, with over 2,500 lawyers working in offices in Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States. We combine broad and deep transactional and dispute resolution capabilities enabling us to act on the largest and most complex transactions and cases around the world.
Our international Trade team, with key hubs in Brussels, Washington D.C., London, Beijing and Hong Kong, works as an integrated practice to advise clients from all over on the full range of trade issues (including sanctions, customs, trade defence, investigations, trade policy and export controls) whenever they arise. We assist sovereign governments and major multinational companies in dealing with highly sophisticated matters across the full spectrum of international trade law, which allows us to be at the forefront (and often to shape) key legal and policy developments in the field of global trade.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent academic credentials, including a postgraduate degree in EU law and that you are a qualified lawyer in an EU Member State.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Outstanding legal skills.
- Export control/ sanctions expertise is an asset.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, a command of German or French would be an asset.
- Curious by nature, problem solver with strong business acumen.
- An international outlook, a multi-cultural mindset.
- Resilient, attentive to detail and focused on delivering high quality and professional results.
Join us for an exciting career with a leading global law firm!
Apply now! Send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org