Website Consultancy & Accounting Firm
The client is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.
For their tax practice in the Antwerp and Limburg region they are looking for a Corporate Income Tax Compliance Manager to support their teams, co-lead them and to guide their clients into the digitalized era of tax compliance.
You will be part of the client’s tax team in their brand new, state of the art offices at Post X in Berchem, where they service a wide range of clients: from local SME’s to the largest Belgian groups and international clients. Being part of their multidisciplinary and international teams, you will have access to their global networks, have the opportunity to learn on a daily basis, to participate to international assignments and to manage your own client portfolio.
With this broad range of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure their employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Law or Economics with a supplementary degree in Taxes;
- You holding the ‘IAB certification’ would be highly appreciated;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in national corporate tax compliance matters, within a consultancy or corporate environment;
- You are market and client focused;
- You are a team player with sound communication skills;
- You have excellent operational excellence and project management skills;
- You have a good knowledge of both Dutch and English.
Role and responsibilities
As a Manager Corporate Tax Compliance, you need to ensure proper, efficient and timely management of recurring, standard and sizeable compliance processes regarding ‘tax’.
So you will:
- Ensure the clients to comply with all relevant Belgian direct tax compliance obligations and assist them with day-to-day Belgian direct tax compliance services, including assistance during tax audits.
- Co-lead the compliance services together with the senior executive group and partners – the clients have a variety of background and activities (multinationals, large Belgian clients as well as small and medium sized companies).
- Coordinate tax compliance engagements for international and local groups, liaise with the international teams regarding local direct tax compliance requirements and ensure timely filing and reporting.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the clients’ tax compliance processes.
- Represent the Antwerp group in the Global Compliance & Reporting team in Brussels and also at an international level, liaise with the other offices and proactively participate in the different task forces
- Demonstrate a good understanding of tax accounting principles under USGAAP and IFRS or at least show eagerness to develop yourself in this field.
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners.
- Work together with the tax advisory teams. Proactively communicate and collaborate with other sub-service lines and identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities.
- Proactively propose improvement possibilities to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes and tools. Digitization of the processes is a key challenge.
- Facilitate internal direct tax compliance trainings.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and developments in your area of expertise and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
- Coach and stimulate more junior profiles in view of the right achievements and personal development and provide more senior executives with inputs in order to properly proceed to the performance review of counselees.
- Organize the team in order to increase the efficiency of processes, roles and responsibilities within the team.
What can you expect?
You can expect a challenging position within a leading international company. The client offers you a modern and pleasant environment. You can expect an interesting salary package with fringe benefits. You will work on challenging assignments. You will be part of a dynamic team, they will offer you a lot of opportunities. You will be located in the client’s brand new, state of the art offices at Post X in Antwerp (close to Berchem Railway Station). You will work on challenging clients and projects and there will be room for your personal development and you will have impact on your work and on others.
How to apply?
For more information about this opportunity you can contact Kristin Ex (03 800 42 18) or you can apply directly by clicking on the link below.