For our client, Deme, we are looking for a Talent & Industrial Relations Expert to join the Talent & Development team.
DEME is a global solutions provider in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Their expertise and vast experience has been deployed over the centuries for dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions such as: port construction and improving maritime access worldwide. They have been creating land for 150 years and will continue to do so in the future. Therefore they are looking for motivated candidates to reinforce their team.
- You have a master degree in Law and a specialization in Belgian labour law. Knowledge of international labour law is a plus;
- You have at least 5 years demonstrated experience in labour law ;
- You have a perfect knowledge of English/Dutch and knowledge of any other language is plus;
- You are a pragmatic, critical and creative thinker and a problem solver;
- You are diplomatic and value team player;
- You have facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex HR matters to employees;
- You have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion good interest in compliance.
Your Assignment at our client’s site
You will be a part of the Talent & Development team and report to the Engagement & Development Manager. In your role two mains roles are present :
As an Industrial relations professional you :
- Work in close collaboration with the Industrial Relations Manager and HR colleagues to shape the industrial relations policies prepare meetings with labour unions, Works Council (Ondernemingsraad) and meetings of the Committee for Prevention and Protection in the Workplace (CPBW), facilitate the meetings and manage the agenda;
- Ensure that internal company agreements are respected, focusing on the processes relating to labour union consultation;
- Draft company labour agreements (CAO’s);
- Provide knowledge and knowhow during labour condition related negotiations;
- Analyse information in preparation of social consultations;
- Develop reports, texts work regulation policies, information leaflets,… ;
- Provide expert support to the HR team.
As a Talent specialist, you :
- Develop and follow up on career paths in close collaboration with our HR Business partners;
- Develop and follow up on Performance Management cycles;
- Advise employees and colleagues regarding talent development;
- Develop new initiatives regarding employee development, retention and engagement.
What to expect from us
Our client offers you a great challenge in an international environment with Belgian Headquarters. There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment. You will be working in a team of motivated and passionate colleagues and there is room for innovation and ownership. You may expect a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits and plenty of top quality education and training opportunities.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centre approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Kristin Ex on 03 800 42 18