Covington EU / Belgian competition team needs a Dutch-speaking Belgian lawyer with a passion for competition law
Covington & Burling LLP is an international law firm with offices around the world. The firm advises multinational corporations and financial institutions on cutting-edge transactional, litigation, regulatory, and public policy matters.
Covington’s EU Competition practice is involved in numerous high-profile cases that raise novel enforcement issues and involve a balanced mix of merger control, cartel, abuse of dominance and state aid work. We are one of the leading practices in the high-tech and life sciences sectors, with significant in-depth experience in matters involving the interplay between competition and intellectual property law. Our team’s multidisciplinary approach and unique blend of expertise and understanding of European competition law help clients from around the globe to safely navigate complex sectors. The Belgian Competition Practice, which is an integral part of the EU practice, acts for a wide range of clients on competition law matters before the Belgian Competition Authority and the Belgian courts. Covington was elected Competition Team of the Year at the Belgian Legal Awards twice in the last three years.
In order to strengthen our Brussels team and to continue providing our growing client base with first-rate support, Covington Brussels’ office is currently looking for a Stagiaire for a 6 month period from January 2019.
Attributes & Requirements:
- Bright and confident lawyer.
- Passionate about competition law.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Good French is an asset.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A first experience in a major law firm or competition authority is a plus.
- A competitive package, commensurate with experience.
- Being part of a dynamic, growing and fun team.
- Involvement in highly relevant, interesting and complex files.
- Varied work in an inspiring and challenging international and dynamic environment.
- Access and exposure to our international and outstanding clients.
- The opportunity to join a dedicated and cohesive team of highly qualified professionals.
- A collegiate atmosphere that encourages collaboration across teams, practices and continents, drawing together the best possible team to serve the client.
- The opportunity to work autonomously, taking responsibility for clients and building the rapport with them.
- Continuous and high-quality training.
- Team building and group activities with other offices across the globe.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Claire Astbury – email@example.com