Website K law
K law is an international law firm operating across the fields of corporate and M&A, administrative and public, real estate, banking and finance, employment, tax, dispute resolution as well as business and commercial law. We are also specialized in international private law, offering advice across the board for legal business issues, and the understanding of Belgian and French comparative law in the “Eurometropole Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai.
Our clients range from medium to large organizations, listed companies, and family owned businesses that span across industries, including government bodies and financial institutions. Clients look to us for industry insight, expertise on the latest knowledge of laws and regulations, and dedicated support that focuses on the unique challenges of their business. Beyond our local team, we are supported by a global network that helps us adequately tackle cross-border restructurings and operations.
Our goal is to be your preferred legal firm. Our promise is to bring our creativity and dedication to your unique projects. With a hands-on approach, we offer legal advice tailored to your needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
As (Senior) Paralegal, you will become part of a strong team of 85 lawyers and paralegals. In your role, you will support the legal team in its day to day tasks. Your main responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Preparing, reviewing and managing corporate legal documents on various topics;
- Translation of legal documents;
- Drafting minutes (shareholders’ resolutions, board minutes,…);
- Performing and follow-up of legal publications;
- Drafting of corporate documents regarding modifications within a Belgian company (transfer of registered office, change of name and statutory purpose, appointment and dismissal of directors, appointment statutory auditor, change of articles of association, etc.);
- Assistance with the recurring filing and publication requirements for Belgian branches (e.g. appointment and dismissal of legal representatives or directors, transfer of registered office or branch, change of name, etc.);
- (De)Registration with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises
Assistance with the incorporation of a company or the establishment of a branch office in Belgium;
- Assistance with the liquidation of companies and the closing of Belgian branch offices;
- Assisting clients with obtaining legalizations and sworn translations of legal documents of the company for domestic or foreign use.
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in business management option paralegal studies;
- You have 3 or more years of relevant professional experience in a law firm, corporate department, notary public or other relevant experience;
- An advanced spoken and written level of Dutch, French & English;
- A high degree of computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Strong communication and team working skills;
- Organized and focused on quality and attention to detail.
You are effective, proactive and creative.
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with ample career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://klaw-career.talent-soft.com/job/job--senior-paralegal_148.aspx →