Terumo Corporation, founded in Japan in the early 1920’s, has taken its place among the global leaders in the medical device industry and is publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Terumo Europe N.V. was founded in 1971 and currently counts over 1.350 employees in the EMEA region. They are a core player in the EMEA healthcare market by providing quality products and services.
Our client has expertise in the fields of endovascular intervention, interventional cardiology, interventional oncology, cardiovascular surgery, diabetes management, laboratory and hospital systems and global pharmaceutical solutions.
Terumo Europe is currently searching for an additional team member to support its legal team in Haasrode.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Law;
- You have minimum 5 year experience as an in-house counsel. Previous outside counsel experience is a plus;
- You have a previous experience in medical devices or pharmaceutical legislation;
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written. Additional languages such as French and/or Dutch are welcome;
- You have a mature, flexible and commercially oriented approach and are both business oriented and risk aware;
- You are an excellent lawyer, who is well organized and able to set priorities;
- You are able to show tact and professionalism, when communicating with others at all levels of the organization and are sensitive for cultural differences;
- You are proactive in recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing resolutions;
- You are team-oriented, yet are willing to take initiative and have a self-starter attitude;
- You are hands on, able to bring structure and easily gain trust.
Your Assignment at our client’s site
Your role involves both legal and compliance tasks and will focus on these elements :
- As part of the EMEA legal and compliance department, you will provide to the Company’s business divisions and group functions professional legal advice and support in matters covering a broad spectrum of commercial and related legal subjects including contracts, transactions, litigation, business practices and compliance.
- You will act as a true business partner and help manage business risks by positively assisting in delivering business solutions, whilst at all times ensuring that legal and compliance and corporate governance requirements are met.
- You will help built the compliance program in particular related to health care compliance and develop policies, procedures and training and state-of-the-art tools and processes.
You will report to the VP Legal & Compliance – General Counsel & Corporate Secretary of the group.
Your main responsibilities will be on three topics :
Legal Counsel activities
- Lead the delivery of legal services to the Interventional Systems business unit throughout EMEA, and ensure adequate legal support is available to the Business Unit either directly, through other legal team resources or via external counsel.
- Counsel to the President and the management team of the Interventional Systems business unit
- Be instrumental in building and maintaining a strong partnership between the business and the legal and compliance function at all levels.
- Leading all legal aspects of strategic business projects enabling future growth of the business
- Give sound legal advice and recommendations to support specific Terumo day to day activities of the business unit and functions (with main focus on the clinical trial department) in their relation with suppliers, customers, partners, authorities and ensure compliance with relevant regulations in area’s such as competition law, public procurement, privacy, medical device regulations, economic sanctions.
- Develop a risk based compliance strategy for the business unit and develop or implement policies, procedures and training plans and provide training to the business unit and functions.
- Provide contract drafting, negotiation and contract management support in relation to all commercial contracts such as distributor agreements, supply agreements, IP related contracts and public tender contracts.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect Terumo Europe and its affiliates and help manage a network of outside counsel.
- Manage litigation and support claims handling .
Compliance Officer activities
- Help built the Terumo compliance program, develop policies and procedures on a variety of compliance topics
- Interact with Terumo Corporation in Japan and other Terumo companies on global projects and compliance actions and reporting
- Provide leadership, advice and guidance on Healthcare Compliance and develop a specific compliance program including policies and procedures, training and state of the art tools and processes
- Coordinate the health care compliance activities of the compliance officers in the business and functions and the other health care compliance experts in the legal team
- Advice and support on questions regarding interactions with healthcare stakeholders, review grants & donation requests and transparency rules.
- Keeping abreast of legislative and industry standards changes relating to healthcare and transparency and communicate on those changes with the compliance officers and other stakeholders in the company; attending industry organizations such as Medtech and built network with relevant authorities, regulators and other external stakeholders.
Legal department activities
- Help developing and keeping up to date contract templates, contract management and documentation support.
- Support strategic projects and initiatives of the Legal Department to improve efficiency and further professionalize the legal services.
What to expect from us
Our client offers you an interesting and challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. You will have a high impact on the organization and are a ‘key player’ for all compliance related topics in EMEA.
Our client offers you a competitive salary and benefit package and supports a flexible work-life integration.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centered approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Kristin Ex on 03 800 42 18
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://apply.usgprofessionals.be/nl?fromTitle=Senior Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer EMEA &office=6683&locale=nl&client=10pAxmnFU2WiUSZ320foIKX9CjQRp1jJWwFzW5V1yLoqU=&id=KE 19 22&from=legalnews&signature=692d2b4df359dc17f02a8f0c237ea10dea05a56c →