K law is an international law firm operating across the fields of corporate and M&A, administrative and public, real estate, banking and finance, employment, tax, dispute resolution as well as business and commercial law. We are also specialized in international private law, offering advice across the board for legal business issues, and the understanding of Belgian and French comparative law in the “Eurometropole Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai.
Our clients range from medium to large organizations, listed companies, and family owned businesses that span across industries, including government bodies and financial institutions. Clients look to us for industry insight, expertise on the latest knowledge of laws and regulations, and dedicated support that focuses on the unique challenges of their business. Beyond our local team, we are supported by a global network that helps us adequately tackle cross-border restructurings and operations.
Our goal is to be your preferred legal firm. Our promise is to bring our creativity and dedication to your unique projects. With a hands-on approach, we offer legal advice tailored to your needs.
Senior Associate Financial Regulation
Roles & Responsibilities
- Our practice covers a broad range of financial services regulatory matters such as payment services (PSD 2 / SEPA), MiFID II, banking regulations, investment funds (UCITS/AIFMD), securities custody, consumer credit, market abuse, anti-money laundering, etc.
- As a Senior Associate Financial Regulation in our Banking & Finance team, you will be involved in a broad range of projects, including advising and assisting (international) clients on a variety of regulatory questions (by providing ad hoc advice, drafting legal memorandums, assisting in license application files, etc.).
- You will also attend meetings with clients and maintain strong relationships with them. You will be responsible for the conduct of the files together with more junior team members you will be coaching and assisting.
- The nature of the (regulatory) work conducted by the team necessitates that our team members perform thorough legal analyses without losing sight of the (commercial) needs of our clients. We are a young but very dedicated team which puts emphasis on teamwork and a cross-sectoral approach and you will be expected to work well with colleagues from other departments and offices.
Skills & Qualifications
- You hold a master degree in law and have a professional experience in financial services regulation with a law firm or a financial institution
- You are effective, proactive and creative
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to excel in financial services regulation
- You have strong analytical skills and writing skills
- You are able to work independently
- You are a real team player
- You are client oriented
Minimum level of experience required
6 to 10 years
- Dutch (Very good knowledge)
- French (Very good knowledge)
- English (Very good knowledge)
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career. We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://klaw-career.talent-soft.com/job/job-senior-associate-financial-regulation-_60.aspx →