Website EBA CLEARING
EBA CLEARING is a provider of pan-European payment infrastructure solutions. Founded in 1998, the Company is owned by 51 of the major banks operating in Europe and based on a country-neutral governance model. The payment systems of EBA CLEARING are pan-European by design and desire: they are developed in close co-operation with the Company’s multinational user community and best-of-breed technology partners.
EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1, STEP2 and RT1. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been classified as systemically important payment systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank. The pan-European real-time payment platform RT1 went live in November 2017 and processes euro instant payments complying with the European Payments Council’s SEPA Instant Credit Transfer Scheme.
The Regulatory and Oversight Affairs Advisor contributes to ensuring that the Company and the systems for which it acts as business administrator are in compliance with regulatory/oversight requirements.
Your tasks will include:
- support the management and monitoring of EBA CLEARING’s compliance with the regulations and requirements for the operators of SIPS (Systemically Important Payment Systems)
- support the management and monitoring of EBA CLEARING’s compliance with the regulations and requirements for all other payment systems and services of the Company
- handling the day-to-day compliance matters, both for oversight requirements and for other regulatory requirements, and interact effectively with relevant stakeholders, including users of EBA CLEARING’s systems;
- developing and maintaining a positive and constructive relationship with the subject matter experts at the Company for the different areas of competence;
- analysing requirements, devising action plans and architecture solutions to achieve compliance in a manner that is fit-for-purpose, cost-efficient and in accordance with industry best practices
- drafting and maintaining high quality self-assessments for submission to the competent authorities, with high attention to detail and supported by leadership for in-depth analyses of the substance matters
- drafting and maintaining annual reviews and updates of documentation to comply with requirements of the competent authorities
- staying abreast of regulatory developments in order to provide timely input and topic leadership to management and staff for regulatory compliance and providing accurate compliance guidance to the business and corporate units
- reviewing frameworks, policies, procedures and system-related documentation to assess ongoing compliance with oversight requirements and regulatory guidance.
The successful candidate will have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline, law degree preferred. In addition, the candidate should have:
- compliance work experience 4+ years. Experience with a financial institution(s), an international law firm or a technology company is a plus
- strong understanding of compliance processes and activities. Experience with supervisory or oversight frameworks and implementation of standards is a plus
- complete fluency in English (written and spoken), knowledge of other EU languages is a plus
- demonstrate a high level of diligence and integrity
- ability to work independently as well as in teams
- ability to deal with issues in a timely manner
- rigorous attention to detail
- excellent listening and comprehension skills
- excellent writing skills in the English language
- ability to clearly communicate issues, processes and results
- strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex issues in a simple manner
- positive attitude and solution-oriented approach
Before applying for this position, which will be based in Brussels, please ensure that you are authorised to work in the European Union.
Information about the application process:
Please note that only complete applications will be accepted and considered. Complete applications must include: a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (both in English). At this initial stage of the application process, please do not send us any supporting documents (e.g. work certificates or diplomas).
Start and end dates of all previous positions and whether they were full-time or part-time positions should be indicated in the curriculum vitae. The CV should contain details of any professional experience and studies as well as of any relevant trainings or research work.
If your application is retained for any interview rounds, you should be prepared to submit documents supporting the information provided in the CV. Documents may include work certificates or recommendation letters, which should indicate the duration and nature of experience. Freelance or self-employed candidates should provide either a copy of the entry in the relevant trade register or any official document (for example tax revenue statements) confirming the length of the relevant work experience.
Alternatively, candidates may provide individual contacts for professional references in relation to their previous work or study experiences. Candidates should also be ready to provide 1-2 of these contacts upon request, i.e. in addition to any work certificates or letters of recommendation submitted to EBA CLEARING.
The address indicated in the curriculum vitae will be used as the location from which a candidate invited to a face-to-face interview will travel.
For further information, please visit our websites at:
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://ebaclearing-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=67 →