Website Vlerick Business School
Are you a legal counsel experienced in company law? Would you like to provide legal advice and proactively tackle legal matters within an open, dynamic, and inspiring environment? Let’s talk!
Vlerick Business School is a triple-accredited, international business school at the heart of Europe – ranked number one in the Benelux for executive education and 19 in Europe. We strive to make a difference, offering high quality, interactive and impactful learning journeys and in doing so, helping form positive change-makers with a vision that is rooted in a dream.
Vlerick is a school, but it is run as a company, aligned with the high standards we foster in our different programmes. We are looking for a proactive legal counsel to join the team!
You will provide legal guidance on a wide range of topics, including corporate governance, IP law, data protection regulation and insurance policies.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, policies and procedures. Assist in handling possible disputes with clients and suppliers.
- Be responsible for other corporate housekeeping duties including drafting meeting minutes, keeping an eye on publications in the Official Gazette and assisting with corporate audits.
- Follow up closely on changes in the Belgian company code, make recommendations to management and support internal optimization initiatives, such as projects related to intellectual property law (IP) and its implementation within our organisation.
- As data protection officer (DPO), monitor GDPR compliance, review data processing agreements and advise all entities on data protection measures.
- Monitor and follow up on matters regarding the School’s insurance policies.
- Be the internal SPOC for all legal matters and take the lead in different internal projects.
- Meticulously handle administration and communication to different stakeholders.
- A FT or 80% position on our campus in Ghent, Brussels or Leuven.
- Have a relevant master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Are experienced in company law and have affinity with IP.
- Have experience with the GDPR and are willing to become DPO certified in the short term.
- Can work independently, have a can-do attitude, and take initiative.
- Are pragmatic, solution-oriented and have strong business partnering skills.
- Can state opposing views in a clear and independent way.
- Pay attention to detail and find it important to deliver high-quality work.
- Keep up with trends in the field, such as the use of AI.
- Communicate fluently in English and Dutch.
- Vlerick keeps you on your toes. You get a great deal of autonomy and responsibility within a challenging work environment.
- Our culture is dynamic, open, and international.
- We care about your professional and personal growth.
- Flexibility; 24 holidays and 2 collective weeks, working from home etc.
- Flexible benefits based on your individual needs.
- Be a part of something bigger and inspire people to live, learn and leap.
Take the leap and join us
If you think you meet these criteria, please apply with your resume and motivation letter via our website. We look forward to hearing from you!
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je jobpage.cvwarehouse.com.