We’re continuously advancing science. Could you advance with us?
At UCB we’re passionate about science and that’s what drives us to create a pipeline of breakthrough medicines that will make a real difference to people’s lives all over the world.
We like to make a difference to the lives of those who work for us too. With more than 7,500 staff, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
Every colleague is invited to make their mark and become a key part of the company’s evolution and we continue to evolve fast. Hundreds of new colleagues from health care and business backgrounds have joined us within the last two years, bringing with them a dynamic energy, fresh perspectives, and new ideas.
To strengthen our Patient Value Function Legal, IP & Compliance, based in our Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Legal Counsel – Corporate, Finance & Market Abuse.
As a Legal Counsel you will be in charge of general corporate matters of UCB, including ensuring compliance by UCB SA, listed on Euronext Brussels, with all of its obligations as a Belgian listed company. You will also be responsible for managing processes to ensure compliance with the market abuse legislation (insider trading and market disclosure).
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Assist the Corporate Secretariat team and the VP Secretary General in his role as Group Insider Trading Compliance Officer with respect to implementing and administering Market Abuse (insider trading and market disclosure) matters, regulations and related procedures. This includes the administrative management of the procedures as well as the preparation of the documentation and communication relating e.g. to closed periods, insider lists, notifications, clearance to deal, transaction reporting to and contacts with the FSMA, …
- Manage corporate processes such as:
- Internal delegations (delegation of signature and related policies);
- Organizing and convening the shareholders meeting of UCB SA/NV, incl. the drafting and preparation of the convening notice and all related documentations, interactions with proxy advisors, proxy solicitors and investors;
- Preparing and reviewing the annual report as well as any other relevant official corporate documentation;
- Following up corporate actions, transparency declarations, share buybacks and transactions in own shares, incl. the preparation and posting of related communication, reporting to FSMA and press releases.
You Will Contribute By
- Monitoring regulatory and legislative evolution with potential impact on the company;
- Advising in Corporate law, financial law, Market abuse and Corporate Governance related matters;
- Assisting and providing ad hoc legal support to the Finance, Treasury and Tax Department for financial transactions of the group (under the supervision of the Head of Legal Finance);
- Assisting in corporate housekeeping of + 80 affiliates worldwide (drafting/review of powers of attorney, resolutions of board and shareholders meetings, letters to third parties with legal implications, …);
- Assisting with special projects when necessary;
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Law degree – preferably Belgian law degree – or equivalent experience with Belgian Corporate law and capital markets.
- At least 5 years’ experience preferably as in-house lawyer or in an international law firm in corporate/finance law, market abuse, compliance and/or in an international environment. Experience in or with a Belgian listed company is a clear asset.
- Good mastery of Microsoft Office suite. Ability to work with Digital environment with specific IT tools (such as tools for managing insider lists and other market abuse matters).
- Team player, able to work closely with other departments within the organization, with good communication skills.
- Well organized, solution oriented, able to manage/comply with strict procedures/deadlines and you are not afraid of administrative work. Stress resistant and flexible. UCB is a listed company which is demanding in terms of deadlines and strict processes.
- Languages: English, French & Dutch. A very good knowledge of English (both oral and written) is a must.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly professional and international environment. In addition, the function offers varied work.
You will report to the VP Secretary General.
You will find yourself in an open working atmosphere.
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?” By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website .
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://careers.ucb.com/job/Anderlecht-Legal-Counsel-Brus/627272301/ →