For EY, an international consultancy and service company, we are looking for a legal counsel to reinforce their legal department in Brussels.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, accountancy, transaction and advisory services with a strong presence in Belgium.
The internal Legal Department supports the executive management of the group as well as the different business units, in all matters of commercial, corporate, and civil law. In addition the internal Legal Department provides advice on regulatory issues, ensures the follow-up of litigation and coordination with outside counsel and manages specific legal projects. Respect, integrity and teamwork define the way our client works.
- You hold a Master degree in Law;
- You have a some years (2 to 5) of relevant experience in commercial and/or corporate law, gained at the bar or as an in house counsel;
- Experience with other legal domains is considered to be a plus;
- You are a team player and you communicate well;
- You easily built an internal network with your colleagues within yours and towards the other departments;
- You have many interests and you are always eager to learn;
- You aim at striking the proper balance between legal constraints and business requirements;
- You are stress resistant and know how to prioritize and to organize your work well;
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
Your Assignment at our client’s site
As a member of a small legal team, you will be working with and reporting to the General Counsel.
You will be expected to quickly integrate in the team, build up your internal network throughout the organization and closely collaborate with all colleagues involved in the files where your assistance is required.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements (commercial agreements, service agreements, agreements with suppliers),
- Provide support to the M&A projects,
- Manage the corporate governance for a portfolio of affiliated companies,
- Provide legal support for sales, marketing, finance and control, IT, Facilities department and other relevant functions in a national and international context,
- Work on specific projects and be part of project groups where you focus on the legal aspects.
What to expect from us
In addition to a motivating and competitive remuneration package, the function offers the opportunity to grow into the role of in-house counsel and also to be directly confronted with the reality of business.
You will report to the general counsel directly and a have both the opportunity to enjoy a high level of autonomy in organizing your work, whilst also being able to seek the advice and counsel of the general counsel to whom you report.
There will be appreciation and room for your personal growth, as you will have plenty of opportunity to meet true business experts and direct access to a substantial internal library.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centred approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Kristin Ex on 0499 86 76 61