Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Services & Investments (DSI) organization is a service provider to the business units, enabling their work. Our expertise covers IT Services, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & Procurement, Legal services, Marketing & Communications, Clients & Markets, as well as Risk services.
The Legal Office team assists the various business units with the drafting, reviewing and the negotiations of a large range of agreements between Deloitte and its clients and/or suppliers (procurement). The Legal Office answers all questions that the business units may have on legal topics. To futher stregthen its commercial team, the Legal Office is looking for a company lawyer specialised in IP-IT matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts with respect to intellectual property/ICT and other commercial transactions. Assisting all Deloitte Departments in their transactions with suppliers (procurement), clients, subcontractors or other Deloitte entities (global network). Contracts include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) agreement, Master service agreements (MSA), etc.;
- Solving and following up on any intellectual property/ICT and commercial transaction issues to protect and preserve Deloitte and to ensure the best possible service is offered to all stakeholders;
- Adoptng a customer oriented attitude by guiding stakeholders and offering them the most appropriate solution;
- Conducting internal trainings on intellectual property/ICT matters;
- Supporting others by leading by example: supporting the Legal Office as a mentor in IP – ITC matters, providing recommendations on the best practices in these fields.
- You obtained a Master’s degree in Law – additional qualifications are appreciated but not required;
- You have 4-6 years of experience in intellectual property/ICT law and with commercial transactions, in a law firm and/or as in-house legal counsel;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch, French and English;
- You like to take initiative in your work and are able to delegate and supervise work;
- You are a problem solver and are able to manage your workload in line with specific deadlines;
- You are a real team player who is reliable, flexible, respectful and you enjoy building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You stay informed about the technical evolutions in the area of intellectual property/ICT Law to ensure credibility and to strengthen your knowledge and expertise.