Founded in 1910, Samsonite is the world’s leading luggage brand with an extensive legacy in trendsetting travel solutions. Renowned for breakthrough research, development and its commitment to innovation, Samsonite has excelled since its inception in a number of industry firsts. Samsonite offers an extensive range of travel, business, casual, kids and personal accessory products. Samsonite helps travellers journey further, with ever-lighter and stronger products. Its products are sold worldwide primarily under the brands Samsonite, Tumi, American Tourister, Gregory and Lipault, through wholesale distribution, company-operated retail stores and concessions as well as through e-commerce. The group’s worldwide headquarters are located in Mansfield, Massachusetts (US). Its headquarters for Europe are located in Oudenaarde (Belgium), where it also has an important production facility. For its European headquarter based in Oudenaarde, Belgium, to strengthen the in-house legal department, Samsonite is currently looking for a result-driven and dynamic Legal Advisor. You will be part of the Legal team, reporting to the Vice President General Counsel Europe. Key Responsibilities
- Careful review of commercial lease-, client-, distribution and agency agreements, assist in the negotiation where required and advise the business (HQ Oudenaarde and locally) with respect to all aspects of such agreements;
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate all elements needed to conclude agreements in line with the policies and procedures of the company;
- Provide legal support in a variety of legal areas and ad hoc projects;
- Maintain a clear overview of all agreements and manage an ‘alerts’ calendar.
- You hold a Belgian or French master’s Degree in law and you have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience with commercial real estate lease agreements, gained ideally in an international environment. Your experience in distribution covers EU and national legislation in Europe.
- You are fluent in French and English (both orally and in writing). In addition, you have a working knowledge of German. Dutch is a plus.
- You are very accurate in your work and you have an eye for detail. You take pride in drafting contracts to a very high standard and you aim to offer solutions, which not only reflect the legal context, but are also feasible from a business perspective.
- You are hands-on, pro-active, well organized, and able to perform well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- You implement and maintain the document management system (both paper and electronically).
- You are discrete, you are able to listen and process business input effectively when evaluating legal issues. You understand business implications of legal alternatives.
You will become part of an international group, which is performing strongly and is a global leader in its field. Samsonite is offering you an attractive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and profile, and the opportunity to develop your skills in a truly international context that is in constant development. Any applications, including CV and cover letter should be forwarded to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org