Our Brussels office is looking for a junior Belgian or Dutch qualified lawyer who is interested in working in and learning about highly regulated industry areas, in particular the life sciences industries (primarily pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics and food).
Our ideal candidate is a highly driven lawyer who wants to work on difficult legal questions in complex and fast-moving areas of law, primarily life sciences regulations. We are looking for someone who has proven excellent academic credentials, and who is looking for a unique workplace, away from the more “traditional” local legal markets.
In our pan-European practice, our junior colleague will have the opportunity to work on the most cutting-edge pharmaceutical and tech products and devices. Covington, both worldwide and in Europe (via its offices located in Brussels, London, Frankfurt and a presence in Dublin) represents dozens of innovative players that are at the very top of these markets (e.g., in pharma: UCB, Merck and EliLilly and in tech: Facebook and Microsoft). Via our Brussels office, where we have lawyers of various different nationalities, we help these companies navigate the EU legal framework and the implementation of that framework throughout the EU.
We are looking for:
- Belgian or Dutch lawyer, registered with the Belgian or Dutch bar (for Belgium: stagiaire level or recently listed on Tableau)
- Excellent academic record
- Ideally between 1 and 3 years of professional experience in a legal environment (private practice, or possibly government or industry) but also newly qualified lawyers should apply
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical (or broader life sciences) sector is a strong plus but not required
- Excellent command of Dutch and English (both spoken and written), and ideally of French; other European language is a plus but not required
- Internationally oriented
- Committed to results and excellence
- High interest in highly regulated environment, especially the life sciences (and in particular pharmaceutical) industry
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Representation of leading global companies in tech and life sciences areas, ranging from large multinationals to promising start-ups
- Exciting and challenging work in a high quality legal environment of a tier-one global law firm
- Highly collaborative professional environment, focussed on high quality lawyering
- Daily and direct collaboration with high-quality, widely renowned lawyers who are experts in these fields and passionate about the industry, and look forward to coaching, helping and guiding you
- Ample opportunity for learning and professional development
- Steep learning curve
- Competitive compensation
To apply, please send your resume, university transcripts and cover letter to HRBR@cov.com.