Website Consultancy firm
Our client is both known for being a great place to work and the right spot to build your career. It is a consultancy firm providing audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our client besides develops technology solutions and acquires leading software solutions in order to offer premium services to its clients. Our client is committed to balance technological innovation and digitization with protection of client and personal data, which is key to their business strategy.
In this respect, our client’s Data Protection Office is looking for an in-house lawyer that will focus on IP&ICT and data protection. The IP&ICT and data protection lawyer will report to the Senior Legal Counsel and to the Data Protection Officer.
- You hold a master degree in Law;
- You have preferably an additional degree in intellectual property rights and/or ICT Law;
- You have relevant professional experience (advocacy, company lawyer, consultancy, ,..);
- You are able to understand complex IP, ICT and data protection issues in innovative technology solutions;
- You have strong analytical and writing skills;
- You are organized and can meet deadlines;
- You are a real team player;
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and have a good level in French;
- You have a rigorous work ethic and demonstrate ability to work efficiently on multiple projects;
- You are a strong team player.
Your Assignment at our client’s site
As an in-house IP & ICT lawyer you will be responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating software agreements with software vendors and for developing legal templates relating to newly developed internal technology solutions.
Further, you will assist the Data Protection Office with the practical implementation of the relevant data protection laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation) throughout the organization.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating (processing) agreements with third parties to ensure compliance with GDPR;
- Assisting the Data Protection Office with its third party due diligence procedures;
- Supporting developers with applying Privacy by Design & Privacy by Default, to ensure new technology solutions meet data protection requirements;
- Supporting departments with creation and/or validation of privacy notices and cookie statements;
- Assisting the Data Protection Office with reviewing the register of processing activities and validating legitimate interest assessments;
- Updating data protection policies, procedures, processes and templates;
- Train (new) privacy single point of contacts (SPOC) within business units and departments;
- Assisting the Data Protection Office with responding to data subject requests;
- Assisting the Data Protection Office with reacting to (potential) data breaches;
- Assisting the Data Protection Office to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments;
What to expect ?
Our client offers you a challenging job with relevant contacts with the different departments and close to the business. You will work in a pleasant and respectful environment. There will be training possibilities throughout your entire career. Your workplace is based in Brussels. You will receive both an attractive salary and an additional fringe benefits.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centered approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Kristin Ex at 03 800 42 12 or apply by clicking the link on the job site with reference KE 1902.