The UPS Europe Region Legal Department, based in Brussels, Belgium, is looking to hire a mid-level attorney on a Temporary or Permanent basis. The Europe Region covers all of Europe. The role of the new attorney will have 2 aspects.
First, to provide general legal support for the business in a number of countries, primarily the Benelux. He/she is expected to build relationships with the business managers in those countries and act as a pro-active business partner. In this role, he/she will provide legal guidance and manage outside counsel in a broad range of subject areas including, but not limited to, general commercial work, transport/logistics, corporate matters, IT/IP, employment and general litigation.
Second, to provide specialized employment law advice in certain cases, and in general support the HR and Labor functions throughout the Region. The role will include giving advice where possible, directly managing certain HR/Labor disputes, driving various employment law-related projects, and managing how HR and Labor obtain external legal advice. With almost 50,000 employees across Europe, there are a range of employment law issues to address.
- Fully qualified lawyer
- At least 6 years postqualification experience either at a law firm, or in-house at a company within either the Legal or HR/Labor function
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural context
- Fluent in English, Dutch and/or French, both written and spoken
- Good level of German is an asset
- Good drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic, pragmatic, hands-on, easy-going
- Enthusiastic to be part of the business process
- Able to work both independently and in a small team
- Willing to travel regularly
- Good knowledge of MSOffice suite
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://upscareers.jobs/brussels-bel/in-house-legal-counsel/C97DDC2852F24B7A88DCBB36D7BCFFAB/job/ →