UNILIN produces laminate, engineered parquet and luxury vinyl flooring under the Quick-Step and Pergo brand as well as wood-based panels (particle board, MDF), decorative panels, roof systems and insulation boards. UNILIN employs 5.000 people at 20 production sites worldwide. UNILIN has a turnover of 1,55 billion euros.
Since 2005 UNILIN is part of US listed company Mohawk Industries, Inc. Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company with manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe, Russia and Asia. The group is listed on the stock exchange (NYSE), has a turnover of $ 9,5 billion and 38.800 employees internationally.
As an employer, UNILIN distinguishes itself as a passionate, innovative growth company that has built its success on real entrepreneurs at all levels. The UNILIN business culture is characterized by investments in technology and people. The headquarters are located in Wielsbeke near Waregem, close to the E17 and easily accessible.
As a Group Legal Counsel, you will be part of the Tax & Legal department of the Flooring Rest of the World segment of the Mohawk group.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is the ultimate shareholder of the Unilin Group and IVC Group and you will deliver legal support to the Unilin and IVC business in the following domains:
- You will draft/review commercial contracts (purchase, sales, R&D, etc.) and all kinds of legal documents, provide general legal advice, conduct negotiations, monitor disputes and litigations and therefore liaise with internal clients and external advisors;
- You will identify, analyze and mitigate legal risks on all levels, formulating clear recommendations and assuring legal compliance. You will draft and manage legal templates to optimize the contract review process;
- You will coordinate the corporate housekeeping of various subsidiaries of the group both in Belgium and abroad with regard to annual shareholders meetings, corporate changes, etc. and advise where necessary in close cooperation with the business, accountants, notaries, law firms and tax advisors and the Mohawk Tax and Legal department;
- You will advise and assist in the execution of group corporate projects and restructurings such as acquisitions / mergers / incorporations / liquidations etc. in close cooperation with the accountants, notaries, law firms and tax advisors and the Mohawk Tax and Legal department;
- You will advise on legal and regulatory developments affecting the business.
- You have a Master in Law and +/- 8 years of experience of which preferably a number of years as an in-house legal counsel in an international industry environment;
- Knowledge of M&A, corporate & commercial law, real estate regulations;
- Straight forward, hands on, no 9-5 mentality;
- Pro-active and pragmatic attitude;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively with internal clients and external advisors;
- You have excellent communication skills (written and oral) in Dutch, English and French and good knowledge of German is considered a plus;
- You like to work in a demanding environment with strict deadlines, numerous stakeholders in a global organization (legal, tax, treasury, finance, accounting);
- You are punctual, attentive to detail and well organized;
- You are entrepreneurial and you take ownership;
- You are a team player with strong negotiating and interpersonal skills but you are able to work independently and autonomously;
- You are analytical, flexible and convincing toward colleagues to accept legally sound solutions;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Solid understanding of an entity’s financial statements and its consequences is a plus;
- Willing to travel if required.
UNILIN is a strong growth company that is internationally active and financially sound. It is carried by a team of colleagues who feel professionalism and entrepreneurship are paramount. In exchange of your expertise, creativity and enthusiasm, UNILIN offers an attractive salary complemented by fringe benefits, career opportunities, challenges abroad and a wide range of training courses..
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://jobs.unilin.com/nl/vacature/group-legal-counsel/1875 →