WHO WE ARE
ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading steel and mining company, with around 197.000 employees in more than 60 countries. ArcelorMittal is the leader in all major global steel markets, including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with leading R&D and technology, as well as sizeable captive supplies of raw materials and outstanding distribution networks.
As General Counsel, you will be responsible for the cluster Belgium & the Netherlands within the ArcelorMittal Europe Legal & Compliance organization. This function requires strong management skills and leadership qualities. You have the capability to manage the cluster legal team and to give direction. You have the ability to coach and empower the team towards efficiency and excellence and, as such, make sure to come through with the team.
Besides heading the team, you will provide yourself advice and guidance on a wide variety of legal matters across a range of business environments in Belgium (and also, but less frequently, in the Netherlands). Taking into account the evolution of our business environment and the current composition of the cluster legal team, our ideal candidate is in particular experienced and interested in (i) corporate law and (ii) setting up complex projects and transactions, combining a knowledge of several legal areas including regulatory law, IP law, project finance, alternative structuring, etc.
Specific accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Primarily acting as trusted legal advisor in Belgium & the Netherlands. Proactively providing sound and pragmatic counseling, at the same time minimizing and mitigating legal risks.
- Advising on a wide variety of commercial and corporate matters, with a particular (but not exclusive!) focus on the areas above.
- Delivering training to the business teams on a variety of legal and compliance related matters.
- Actively participating to, and supporting international legal initiatives (for example as a member of transversal working groups at ArcelorMittal Europe level). Regularly sharing best practices, new challenges or developments, innovations and efficiency related projects.
- Master’s degree in Belgian Law.
- Several years’ work experience on a wide-range of legal matters in the area of commercial and corporate law, with a particular focus on corporate law and on setting up complex projects and transactions.
- 10/15 years of experience in an international law firm or (international) company is a prerequisite.
- Fluent in Dutch, English and in French.
- The willingness and capability to be a “hands-on” lawyer, with a proactive, energetic and enthusiastic approach.
- The willingness and capability to analyze and solve complex legal issues.
- The willingness to develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with ArcelorMittal, ArcelorMittal’s businesses, its people, markets, facilities and customers.
- Ability to understand priorities and to see the bigger picture, self-reliant, self-responsible, know to seek help when needed.
- Strong communications skills: ability to effectively communicate in an international environment, with various stakeholders;
- Stress-resistant, flexible and open to embracing changes (future forward looking mentality).
- A professional and stimulating working environment in the world’s leading steel and mining company, with various career opportunities;
- highly skilled and inspiring colleagues-business partners
- where technology and innovation are key pillars and contribute to ArcelorMittal’s values of Sustainability, Quality and Leadership
- High focus on personal development, knowledge exchanges, continuous improvement and teamwork;
- A legal function embedded in the steel business activity as a respected and valuable business partner
- An attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
Om te solliciteren gaat u naar de volgende link: https://belgium.arcelormittal.com/jobs/general-counsel-belgium-the-netherlands/ →