For our client, Deme, we are looking for a Compliance Officer to join the Compliance team.
DEME is a global solutions provider in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Their expertise and vast experience has been deployed over the centuries for dredging, environmental and marine engineering business solutions such as: port construction and improving maritime access worldwide. They have been creating land for 150 years and will continue to do so in the future. Therefore they are looking for motivated candidates to reinforce their team.
- You have a master degree in Law and preferably a good interest in compliance;
- You have a first working experience
- You are precise, good in analysis and interpretation;
- You have a perfect knowledge of English/Dutch and knowledge of French is plus;
- You have an open and positive mindset, you are unprejudiced, assertive and self-confident;
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and able to communicate at different levels in the company in a comprehensible way;
- You are business oriented and solution minded;.
- You are diplomatic, discrete and act consistently;
- You have a pro-active attitude and are able to deliver within a time frame;
- You are flexible, stress-resistant and value team work.
Your Assignment at our client’s site
You will be a part of the compliance team and report to the Compliance Manager. In your role these aspects will be key :
- Help reduce risks by fulfilling the due diligence screening obligations (costumers, third-parties,…).
- Support the set up and the reviews of tender documents/contracts and compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the clauses in the tender documents concerning compliance and the general compliance policies and procedures are and remain aligned with regulatory requirements.
- Support your colleagues in the training of our DEME staff on specific policies and procedures and new regulatory developments.
- Identify and assess impact on new/upcoming regulations.
- Provide ad-hoc relevant Compliance advice based on your research.
- You will have the opportunity to ‘build’ your role.
What to expect from us
Our client offers you a great challenge in an international environment with Belgian Headquarters. There will be plenty of opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment. You will be working in a team of motivated colleagues and there is room for innovation and ownership. You may expect a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centre approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Kristin Ex on 03 800 42 18 or via kristin.exsgprofessionals.be with reference KE/19/21 or use the link on our USG website.