Website Law Firm
Our client is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence in 44 major international centres. They offer a full legal service to a wide range of national and international clients. In Belgium, they run a successful practice with a team of 190 people.
Our client requires high-quality support for its practice and is looking to strengthen its existing Business Development team in Belgium with the recruitment of a Business Development Officer.
- You have a degree in Law and/or Marketing;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written; knowledge of Dutch or French would be a plus;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You are proactive and have strong interpersonal skills;
- You have a strong client focus;
- You have a results-driven approach;
- You are able to work autonomously in a highly professional and demanding environment;
- You are accurate, have strong analytical skills and work daily with an MS Office package.
You will report to the Head of Marketing and Business Development in Belgium. You will work in the Marketing and Business Development team and support the lawyers in the Banking and Finance practice group. You will operate from the Brussels office, spending at least one day a week in the Antwerp office, and must be available to undertake some limited travel abroad (for example, to attend Global Business Development training at our Headquarters in London).
The role, encompasses two key areas of responsibility:
1. Business Development
- You will draft pitches for new business opportunities (proposals, presentations, pricing etc) with a focus on, but not exclusive to, the Banking and Finance practice group;
- You will keep all information related to pitches and clients up to date;
- You will acquire knowledge of the firm’s client portfolio in order to be able to identify new opportunities;
- You will help lawyers develop and monitor client relationships and participate in client-relationship meetings;
- You will become your lawyers’ trusted adviser and, if necessary, must be able to challenge them on client-related initiatives;
- You will be responsible for knowledge management as regards prospects and clients (data collection and reporting).
2. Marketing activities
- You will support the organisation of events and seminars, with the help of other departments and external providers;
- You will participate in internal and external communication projects (both national and international);
- You will support the updating of marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and flyers.
What to expect?
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment with a large international dimension. Our client has an unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork. Positive attitude matters to them, and they strongly believe it defines the way in which they work, both with clients and colleagues.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centre approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Julie Bastiaens on 03 800 43 06.