Our Brussels office is looking for a senior Belgian qualified lawyer to help continue building the pan-EU life sciences sector in Brussels. Our EU life sciences sector is continuously growing and following recent changes in our headcount in the Brussels office, we are excited about welcoming a new, experienced, colleague to help drive the practice forward.
Our ideal candidate is a highly talented lawyer who has experience in the life sciences sector and who is looking to help support and grow a top-tier life sciences regulatory practice. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in this area.
In our pan-European practice, our new colleague will have the opportunity to work on the most cutting-edge life sciences files, especially in the pharmaceutical and medtech sector. Depending on the candidate’s interest and experience, there is also room to work with large food (and feed) companies. The colleague would assist in heading the trainees and junior associates in the practice, engage in further building and service our impressive client base. Covington, both worldwide and in Europe (via its offices located in Brussels, London, Frankfurt and our presence in Dublin) represents dozens of innovative players that are at the very top of these markets (e.g., UCB, Merck and EliLilly). Via our Brussels office, we help these companies navigate the EU legal framework, and the implementation of that framework throughout the EU.
Our ideal candidate ticks the following boxes:
- Belgian qualified lawyer
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the regulatory life sciences sector, either in private practice or in industry. Prior experience specifically in pharmaceutical sector is a plus
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, and good knowledge of French. Other European language is a plus but not required
- Internationally oriented
- Committed to results and excellence
- Driven and enthusiastic, with strong people management skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Representation of leading global companies in all life sciences areas
- Helping to lead and expand one of the leading life sciences regulatory practices in Brussels (and Europe)
- Co-managing a team of talented and driven young lawyers registered at bars across Europe
- Exciting and challenging work in a high quality legal environment of a tier-one global law firm
- A collaborative professional environment, focussed on high quality lawyering
- Close interaction with the top lawyers in this area, across our offices in Asia, the U.S. (especially DC), London and Frankfurt and our colleagues located in Dublin
- Ample opportunity for travelling and client interaction
- Ample opportunity for continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation
To apply, please send your resume, university transcripts and cover letter to HRBR@cov.com.