K law is an international law firm operating across the fields of corporate and M&A, administrative and public, real estate, banking and finance, employment, tax, dispute resolution as well as business and commercial law. We are also specialized in international private law, offering advice across the board for legal business issues, and the understanding of Belgian and French comparative law in the “Eurometropole Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai.
Our clients range from medium to large organizations, listed companies, and family owned businesses that span across industries, including government bodies and financial institutions. Clients look to us for industry insight, expertise on the latest knowledge of laws and regulations, and dedicated support that focuses on the unique challenges of their business. Beyond our local team, we are supported by a global network that helps us adequately tackle cross-border restructurings and operations.
Our goal is to be your preferred legal firm. Our promise is to bring our creativity and dedication to your unique projects. With a hands-on approach, we offer legal advice tailored to your needs.
Litigation Lawyer (Commercial/Civil)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing high quality (pre-emptive) legal advice and support on commercial and civil litigation matters
- Managing cases (in liaison with the client partner) from consulting with the clients through to settlement
- Liaise with clients to obtain information required to complete both standard and tailored documents
- Prepare and issue court proceedings
- Providing strategic and high level advice and support to the team on how best to manage legal challenges, raising awareness of the risks of litigation, ensuring the appropriate actions are taken to mitigate any risks
- Being knowledgeable of alternative dispute resolution
Skills & Qualifications
- You have a master degree in law and 6-8 years of experience in handling litigation cases.
- You are eager to learn and you have the ambition to continue to excel in the legal field mentioned above.
- Your verbal and written communication is professional, thoughtful and effective.
- You have strong analytical skills – you approach complex legal questions with an innovative mindset.
- You are a real team player.
- You are client-oriented – you are naturally curious about the socio-economic developments that keep (y)our clients up at night.
- You embrace technology and are keen to explore how disruptive trends will shape the future of the legal profession.
- You are effective, proactive and creative.
Minimum level of experience required
6 to 8 years
- French (Very good knowledge)
- Dutch (Very good knowledge)
- English (Very good knowledge)
Our people are appreciated for their professional skills and expertise. We commit ourselves to encouraging true team spirit and creating an international and dynamic working environment in which each can pursue the knowledge needed to boost their career.
We offer you an attractive compensation package, the opportunity to work for major clients in all kinds of industries, like the financial services industry, the government, manufacturing businesses, real estate, etc., and continuous support in your professional development. Importantly, we offer you the opportunity to become part of a law firm in full expansion, with career opportunities.
K law disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency. K law invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://klaw-career.talent-soft.com/job/job-litigation-lawyer-commercial-civil-_158.aspx →