Site Novartis Pharma
For Novartis Pharma we are looking for a Legal Counsel ‘Pharma’ to join the Legal Department. You will be based at Vilvoorde (Brussels) and work for the region Belgium and Luxembourg.
Novartis is a world leading healthcare company with its headquarters in Switzerland providing solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide. Novartis is active in more than 140 countries. More than 1,500 people work for Novartis in Belgium. Novartis has one of the biggest development pipelines due to his high level of investment in R&D and an excellent reputation.
- You obtained a Master in Law from a Belgian university or equivalent;
- You have a working experience of at least 6 years as a business law firm lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel. Experience in the healthcare industry or a pharmaceutical environment is definitely considered to be a plus;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English, both oral and written;
- You have strong communication skills and a mature attitude;
- You are business and client oriented;
- You are a problem solver who is able to provide appropriate advise on a wide range of issues focusing both on the business interests but always delivering legally and compliant sound advice;
- You are committed to high ethical standards;
- You are able to set your priorities right and you are dynamic and able to multi-task;
- You are proactive, positive and pragmatic;
- You are eager to learn and to grow professionally;
- You are able to work autonomously and to take responsibility;
- You are able to collaborate with outside legal counsels and are a valuable team member for your team.
Your Assignment at our client’s site
- The Legal Counsel Pharma supports the different divisions of the company, with a strong focus on Novartis Pharma. The Legal Counsel participates in structuring and strengthening the Belgian legal department. He or she provides legal support in the areas of procurement law, commercial and pharma law through pro-active, in-depth, business focused advice and works close to the business and its management.
- The Legal Counsel will assist the pharma franchises in appreciating the contractual and statutory obligations, and managing disputes and litigation. The Legal Counsel will provide pro-active, in-depth, business-focused advice to the organization, as well as implement initiatives and processes to set standards and reinforce a culture of quality, integrity, ethical behavior and responsibility.
- The Legal Counsel is also responsible to analyze and identify legal risks and implications, keeping the management informed of all new laws and regulations that may have potential implication to the Company.
Your responsibilities in a brief summary are :
- Follow-up all relevant legal information and regulatory developments in the pharmaceutical sector and identify the potential impact of it on the business.
- To provide effective legal counsel to and influence and guide the business decisions of the different business functions and teams through business partnering. The main focus being on drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, managing litigation and counselling on substantive area legal issues.
- Leads, and is responsible for, implementation of key legal processes: drafting, negotiating and settling commercial agreements (eg clinical trial agreements, license agreements, supply and distribution agreements) and where appropriate liaising with the other members of the Legal functions.
- To deal with public law, with a particular emphasis on issues of pricing, reimbursement and promotion of pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
- To act independently and take the lead in complex legal matters and transactions.
- To implement and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations. Support the business with data privacy questions.
- Provide regular (legal) trainings.
- Is responsible for setting legal priorities, assuring quality and consistency of legal advice, and for developing standards.
- Risk management: identification of areas in scope for smart risk-taking.
- Manages outside counsel panels, in alignment with the Country Legal Head, representing the BU in external legal matters.
What to expect from us
Our client offers you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment.
Corporate citizenship and investment in people are priorities. Our client offers a range of possibilities for personal development and career opportunities within the group to motivated, qualified staff members. Our client offers you a competitive salary and benefit package.
You will report to the Country Head Legal & Compliance and be part of a dynamic and pleasant team. You will work in a team, yet autonomously on your projects and will have the vast possibility to ‘grow’ within your role.
Your work location is Vilvoorde and Novartis supports a flexible work-life integration.
The USG Professionals approach
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centre approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.
For further details about this opportunity please get in touch with Kristin Ex on 0499 86 76 61. You can easily apply by using the link below.