Site Covington & Burling
About Covington & Burling LLP
Covington lawyers represent some of the world’s most sophisticated clients in cutting-edge technology, white collar defense, litigation, transactional, public policy and government affairs, and life sciences matters.
Their firm culture enables their lawyers to carve out their own niches and develop expertise in emerging industries and new areas of law. And they do so in a manner that embraces the finest traditions of the legal profession, including an unparalleled commitment to public service.
The Brussels Lawyers draw on Covington ‘s deep roots in the technology and life-science industries and they work with more than 1.000 colleagues in their U.S., European and Asian offices, as well as with a wide network of lawyers around the world.
The ideal candidate is a highly driven lawyer who wants to work on difficult legal questions in complex and fast-moving areas of law. You have a broad experience within a leading technology practice and will have significant experience of working on date privacy matters, including regulatory and policy dimensions.Your profile
Covington is looking for a qualified lawyer who has proven excellent academic credentials and is passionate about Data Protection & Cybersecurity to strengthen their globally integrated team at Brussels. You have:
- An excellent academic record
- Between 2 and 3 years of professional experience
- Experience of working on complex regulatory matters at a top rated practice
- Prior experience with the relevant regulatory frameworks (including GDPR compliance)
- Technical background and/or experience on issues at the interface of health and technology is/are a strong plus
- Top notch analytical and writing skills
- A motivated self-starter with strong team player skills
- Excellent command English (both spoken and written) and solid language skills in a number of other (European) languages.
You will have the opportunity to join the data protection & cybercrime group in Brussels and work in a high quality legal environment of a Tier-one global law firm. By joining the team, you will have daily and direct collaboration with widely renowned lawyers who are passionate experts in their field. Besides the two partners, the other members of the team are looking forward to coaching, helping and guiding you in order to provide you with a long term perspective to growing in the firm.
At Covington you will work in an international and interdisciplinary practice, advising on cutting-edge issues for a wide array of household names, including established multinationals such as Microsoft, Facebook, BSA (the Software Alliance), Amazon, Merck, Herbalife, Samsung and others, emerging companies, start-ups, venture funds and strategic investors, in a number of areas, including:
- GDPR compliance, including implementation programs and applying GDPR to new technologies
- Compliance advice on other technology-related matters, including cybersecurity, consumer protection, e-commerce and e-privacy rules
- Representation of clients facing high-stakes data protection investigations
- CJEU litigation involving cutting-edge issues in the data protection area
- Expert representation on a wide range of technology-related policy matters before national and European bodies, including on issues such as future regulation of AI, new legal frameworks for online service providers and international arrangements for data access and law enforcement data sharing .
Ségolène Geeraert – Talent Solution Finder Legal
+32 485 66 63 02 – email@example.com